Thursday, April 11, 2013

Websites Need to be More Organized.

273 words

So I’m currently pulling my hair out trying to fix my works cited page on my argument and persuasion essay I wrote last term. I admit, yes I did use easybib.com but I went back and changes some formatting things that I knew easybib didn't do. However, now I need to go back and put in a publisher and publication date. My teacher told us that if you go to the bottom of a web page, you can usually find a link that says 'about us' or something like that and you can find some of those missing parts. I've just gone to two sites that I needed to find this information for and there isn't an 'about us' link or anything of the like. So how am I supposed to find these things? Information on a University's website is going to be used and they should know that. People write books and provide the publisher, publication date, and author, everything needed for a works cited page. Magazines do the same thing. Pretty much everything else does except the website of the three university websites I looked at.

I am getting really frustrated right now because I have honestly looked at every single possible link that could take me to find the publisher for my works cited page. It would not be that hard to add just a quick link on the bottom of the page with this information.  

If a person who creates web pages for universities and colleges is reading this, please consider supplying this information. It would make language arts classes everywhere much easier and a whole lot less stressful!

~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment