Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It's Prom Season Again!

626 words

So, it’s that time of year again where everyone is getting ready for PROM! Yay! And for us girls, that means finding a dress. Now let the fun begin….

For most senior girls, you will get a dress no matter what because, hopefully, you will go even without a date. Unfortunately, I’m not a senior; I’m a junior, who got asked 22 days before prom. That didn’t leave a TON of time to find a dress but it’s still enough. Well, for me it was. I did find some good websites along the way even though I got mine in a store (today!). Sorry, but I won’t put a picture of my dress on here because I don’t want my date to see it until prom. Maybe I will add it later!

One of them is www.jjshouse.com. They have beautiful dresses at reasonable prices especially now when most people’s dress shopping is done but there are still those last minute shoppers. Kind of like me. Also, what I like about this website is, I believe you can get every dress in every color. So if you like the style you can most likely get it in the color that you want. It also allows you to send in your measurements for people who need custom sizes, like me. I have such wide shoulders that it is honestly hard to find a dress that will zip up past the middle of my back. It is very frustrating. This is one of the dresses I considered from this site.

Approximate shipping time: 14-17 days

Another site I looked at was www.merledresses.com. They have nice dresses but unfortunately, most were out of my price range. I actually found the dress that I REALLY wanted on there but it was almost twice as expensive as it was on the other website. This website also has the custom size option.

Approximate shipping time: 17-28 days

The last site I was looking at was www.livedresses.com. Their prices range from high to low but they are more in the middle of the previous two. This is where I found the dress that I absolutely loved. I got really excited because it 1. Had custom sizing and 2. Had a place to put when your prom is. This made me really happy because I thought, maybe if I tell them my prom is in 18 days they can tailor it and get it to me within the time period. But here’s the catch: April 27 wasn’t even an option for me to select. The earliest date I could chose was in May. And also when I put in my measurements it would say ‘false’ under some of them while when I put them into another website, it didn’t question it. So apparently, people like me who have weird body shapes can’t shop there. So I got a little disappointed. I would probably try it again if I had more time. It’s probably a great site if I had more than 18 days to find a dress. So it isn’t all bad! I’m just not recommending it for people who are short on time. This is the dress that I was seriously considering:

Approximate shipping time: 12-27 days

Fortunately I found my dress today at a store called Elegant Repeats. It has new and used dresses (mine was used) with prices ranging from $64 all the way up to $300+. I was lucky enough that this dress fit me PERFECTLY. Whoever wore it before me must have been my height exactly.

If you are short on time like me, I would definitely recommend looking at local stores. You can always get it tailored and there are some people who can do it within a week!
 
~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment