Tuesday, April 30, 2013

One Month to Go!

317 words

The end is in sight! There are only 23 days left of school and the seniors only have 15. The weather is starting to get nice, the grass is green and all anyone really wants to do is be outside, and out of school.

Everyone’s heard of ‘senioritis’ but honestly, I think it applies to everyone, not just seniors. As a junior, I know that this is my third year of having this ‘senioritis’ feel. Every year by this time, around the end of April, beginning of May, teachers start counting down the days left. Focusing is pretty much nonexistent. I am seriously struggling with finding decent enough topics to blog about, even. All I want is for it to be summer so I can be outside and not have to worry about school for three more months.

But then I’ll look back on the other days of school that I’ve had. It’s gone by so quickly. I posted my first post on August 28th. I remember the first day of school and it is so hard to believe that eight months have passed. We have sat in classrooms, having information spewed at us for eight months. Isn’t that crazy? It feels like it went so fast, yet at the same time, so slow.

That’s when I realize that in 23 days, I’m going to be a senior and how my high school career is almost over and if this year went fast then next year will be ten times faster and before I know it I’m out on my own going to college up at UNI and…

Okay. I have to take a deep breath. I’m still a junior and have a whole summer ahead of me. Oh yeah, and finals and three AP exams to take before that but in 23 days, it will be summer. And I plan on making it an amazing summer!  
 
~Skoogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment