Sunday, April 7, 2013

Scrapbooking Ireland

438 words

So I’ve started to make my Ireland scrapbook. Somehow I managed to take 1000+ pictures and decide on about 250 to put in it. It was not an easy task! There were so many pictures that I loved but obviously I couldn’t put them all in! I’ve never really made a trip scrapbook. I’ve made one for my friend for her birthday (which I have to say, I’m pretty proud of!) but this is a little different. I don’t have a thousand pictures of me and my friend (at least not then) to choose a select few for the book. Then not to mention I had to find all of the pictures that other people took that I wanted from Shutterfly or Facebook and download those.

Then I had to find a scrapbook. I didn’t want something too boring but I didn’t want something so crazy that it would take away from my cover picture. I decided on a teal book that had an engraved floral print. Simple, yet pretty.  

Honestly, the longest, most tedious part of the whole scrapbooking process would be the actual making of each page and deciding on the layout you want and then having to glue everything on. My biggest problem is I always want every page completely filled up but when you are making a scrapbook there needs to be some white space! I’ve also gotten frustrated with patterns. A lot of patterns take away from what is in the picture or are difficult to write on. If you are using a patterned paper, try writing on a solid color and gluing that onto the page so it is easier to read. You may be able to read it now but in thirty years your eyes won’t be as sharp as they are now so do your future self a favor and make it easier to read.  

My mom is helping with mine and she said that every time I look at a picture I tell a different story about something that happened when it was taken. I think that is the beauty of pictures. There are so many stories contained in just one picture and every time you see it you will remember something else that you didn’t remember the first time.

I really can’t wait to see the finished product. I’ll probably think that looking through it will make me happy remembering all the fun that I had but in reality, just like when I thought that watching Leap Year (a movie set in Ireland) would make me happy, it will just make me long to go back even more.

~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment