Wednesday, April 24, 2013

College Visits

310 words

So today I went on my first college visit. Well, my first 'official' visit. I've toured some before but never an in depth organized visit. And let me tell you, it was amazing.

Since I'm only a junior in high school I thought that I would be the only one there but actually the other two in my tour group were juniors as well!

It is never too early to start visiting colleges. I am the kind of person who likes to get things out of the way so I want to know where I'm going when it comes to senior night at the last home football game. It is such a good experience to go to these schools. I went during the day so I ate lunch when a lot of the students were at lunch and there were always students walking around the campus. It really gave it that real feel that you will get when you go the the school. It was amazing.

People always say that they know they've found the right place once they take their first step on campus. I haven't visited any other schools but I can tell you that I felt very at home while I was walking around the UNI campus. It just felt right.

I am planning on visiting other schools as well but I'm not sure that I will find one as perfect for me as UNI. I want to go into Special Education and play in the marching band. UNI had great programs for both.

If you are a junior thinking about going on some college visits I strongly suggest that you go. The earlier you go, the more time you have to make your decision. Plus, you can just get it out of your way and just enjoy your senior year and not worry about college visits!
 
 
~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment