Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Chosen One...Forever and Always!

404 words
 
 
When you grow up with something then all of a sudden it ends you’re kind of left there asking, “What now?” That happened to me after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 came out last year. Ever since I was in first grade, I had read the books and seen the movies. Now there’s nothing left except going back and re-reading and re-watching everything.

A lot of people say that they are huge Harry Potter fans but they’ve only seen the movies. In my personal opinion, you aren’t a true fan unless you’ve read the books too. The movies actually annoy me because they leave so many important aspects out. The locket that is in the sixth movie that belonged to Regulus Black was in the fifth book but that whole scene wasn’t even in The Order of the Phoenix. Another example is that in the book, Harry finds out about Hufflepuff’s cup from one of Tom Riddle’s memories. Since they didn’t put the memory in the movie, they had to completely change how Harry found it in the seventh movie. I do have to say though, the way that they made the whole thing work was some-what impressive. I will give them credit for that.

Do you see what I’m saying? There are so many crucial things in the book that all makes sense in the end that isn’t even put in the movies. There are a lot more but I won’t list them all in here.

You can call me a nerd, but I actually went back and re-read all the books, marking things that came back later on in the series. I was actually very surprised at how many things from the first book came back later on. To me, that shows what an amazing writer J.K Rowling is. It also shows how much they left out in the movies.  

So please, if you call yourself a true Harry Potter fan, do yourself a favor and read the books. If you like the movies so much, I am 10000000000% sure you will love the books as well. Plus, if you get the emotional parts in the movies were sad, just wait until you read the books. Then you’ll realize why everyone in the theater with you was crying so hard they couldn’t even see the screen.

I guess that’s just the effect that The Chosen One has on people!
 
~Skooogster(:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment