Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dear Little Audrey...

491 words

If I could go back in time, I would. As a sixteen year old, I know so many more life lessons than I did when I was in middle school and I seriously wish I could at least go and be my own conscience so I don’t make the mistakes I did.

 

The first thing I would tell myself is not to worry about what people thought of you. I used to worry about that so much and I still do but at least now I know it isn’t worth it. I wish I could tell myself that I will have amazing friends in the future and that they will love me no matter how I look. And I’m sure that would help the fact that I still feel insecure.

 

Second, I would want to warn little Audrey not to over-do her schedule. Right now I am chin high with homework and reading for my three AP classes and I don’t ge3t enough sleep. So sophomore year when teachers tell you that you can get out of Gov. 1 and 2 by taking AP US Gov., DON’T DO IT! You will just push yourself to the brink of insanity!

 

I would also tell little me that it really doesn’t matter that you are awkward around guys and suddenly become that socially awkward girl when you are around them. Because if they are into you, they will completely over look your awkwardness. So next time, little Audrey, that you are hanging out with a guy and you really want to give him a hug but your awkward side kicks in and for the weirdest reason unknown to you, you give him a high five instead, shake it off. Life goes on. And if that really bothered him, then it’s his loss, not yours

 

Also, I would tell myself to join marching band my freshman year. I don’t even know how many times I wish I could go back and change that. Next year is my last year marching and it makes me so sad that I will graduate with only three years of marching. It is seriously the best thing you could ever do, little Audrey.

 

And a few other little side notes: Baby Audrey, don’t take AP Euro. It may seem fun but seeing that you will end up dropping, just start with regular world history. You don’t even know how much stress that will save! Junior year when you are practicing with varsity on August 16 be sure to watch what is going on everywhere or make up an excuse to sit out when you are playing crossfire otherwise you will get a bad concussion that just makes everything ten times more difficult.  

 

Little Audrey, don’t let anyone else decide for you, what your life is going to be. You are your own person, not someone else’s puppet. Be who you want to be and you should be just fine:)

~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment