Sunday, December 16, 2012

How Dancees Should Be/ Mini Dance Marathon

357 words

On Friday my school had a Mini Dance Marathon from 9-12 pm along with some kids from the University of Iowa and I have to say it was one of the best dances I had ever been to.

There weren’t a whole lot of people there but there was enough to make it worth staying all three hours.  At around ten o’clock one of our French teachers did Zumba with us. After that I think it’s fair to say, my feet are bruised and my muscles are screaming!

But having fun with friends and Zumba wasn’t the best part for me. What I loved was there was no grinding, inappropriate dancing, no one got kicked out, and everyone was just going crazy, dancing, jumping up and down and having a good time. In my opinion, that is what school dances should be like. We are there to have a good time, and in this case, help raise money for kids with cancer. Friday night was just three hours of a handful of students getting together and having a good time. One of my friends actually said that he was going to leave half way through but when I was talking to him later he said that he was glad that he stayed the whole time. If more people could see how fun Friday was, maybe Homecoming and other dances could be different.

At regular school dances the majority of the dance floor is taken up by people grinding all over each other. That’s not what I like to see. I like seeing people smiling, laughing, singing at the top of their lungs, jumping up and down and showing off those ridiculous dance moves you probably wouldn’t show anywhere else.

I’m going to ask you guys something. Next time you go to a school dance, maybe try to just have fun and go wild for once and see the difference it makes. If you don’t like it, that’s your opinion and I can’t change that for you but is it too much to ask you to try?

I think you’ll be surprised at how much fun you’ll have.
 
~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment