Monday, December 3, 2012

I Think We Missed Something Here...

400 words
 
 
I want you to see if you can spot the problem that I am having here:

I live in Iowa, like in the middle-ish of Iowa which is in the middle of the stars and stripes United States. Here, we are lucky enough to experience the extremes of each season.

It is December 3. Christmas is in (hold on while I count…) 22 days. Usually, by this time of year I have to wear gloves, scarves, and my winter coat to school. Sometimes we have snow this early but it’s almost always cold. I usually pull out my sweaters and scarves and hats and my awesomely fuzzy socks that I honestly cannot live without. People are planning secret Santa’s and Christmas parties and Christmas music is on the radio 24/7.

Not to mention my family just put Christmas lights up on our roof and porch and our tree is all decorated and I feel like we should be singing, “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Everywhere we go!”

Just one problem….

Unless we went to Alaska, it wouldn’t look like Christmas anywhere we went.

It was 66 degrees outside today. Yesterday was in the high 50’s.

THIS IS NOT OKAY!

It feels a little, no, A LOT weird to walk out the door past my Christmas tree in nothing but a light jacket and I probably could have work capris comfortably today. Since I live in Iowa, Christmas equals snow and cold and frost and icy coldness that turns your nose holly red, not humid classrooms and driving with the windows down like it was today. My brain is seriously getting very confused.

Have you ever been sick and slept from noon on Monday until five the next day and when you woke up you didn’t know what day it was? Well, that’s kind of how I feel right now. I feel like the whole world fell asleep on November 30th and woke up in April, completely skipping over Christmas and New Years but everyone is still convinced that it is December 3rd and Christmas is only 22 days away.

At this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if we turn on the news one of these days and Ashton Kutcher comes on and tells us that we’ve all been Punk’d and that we’ve all slept through Christmas and he got all of our toys that Santa brought us. 
 
~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment