Sunday, December 23, 2012

Snow Daze

300 words


So the whole state of Iowa is in the middle of a blizzard and school was cancelled at 7:00 last night. At first I thought that they were just overreacting and that we would wake up to maybe only an inch of snow at the most. Well, I am happy to say this snow day wasn't for nothing. When I woke up, this is what I saw outside my window:

 

A WINTER WONDERLAND!!!!!!!! I am the type of person that can't get into the Christmas spirit without snow. When I woke up, I started singing Christmas songs and was in the mood for Christmas movies and decorating cookies. But a lot of times I get really bored on snow days and don’t know what to do! So here are some tips that I came up with for making your snow day a bit more fun :)

 

1.      Go sledding with some friends. If there is enough snow (which there better be because school was cancelled) get some friends together and find a good hill to go sledding on.

2.      Make cookies or brownies. There’s nothing like a fresh out of the oven brownie on a cold winter day! Me and my sister decorated cookies and we had a British invasion theme:

 

plus a cat and snowman
 

 

3.      Make some hot cocoa and snuggle up next to the fire and watch your favorite movie

4.      Make a snowman family. Have a contest with your friends to see who can make the most creative snowman.

5.      Have a snowball fight

6.      Or, here’s my favorite, SLEEP! Catch up on some zzzz’s that you haven’t gotten because of school.

So I know those are kind of basic but if you’re looking for something fun to do, I hope this helps you some :)

~Skooogster(:

1 comment:

  1. I like how in my post about snow days we have a lot of the same ideas xD Great minds must think alike :D

    ReplyDelete