Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rumors are Stupid and They Need to Stop!

401 words
 {Update in comments}
Rumors. Every person has heard them and every person has helped spread them too. Sometimes they are somewhat funny but there are others that involve people getting hurt and that is not okay. Rumors in general aren’t exactly friendly but once you cross a line, you’ve gone way too far.

The rumor that I’m thinking of involves One Direction. Now, I don’t want you to think that this is another crazy fan post. It isn’t. This post is to bring to the attention of my readers how horrible rumors can be.

So there is this whole thing going around called Mr. X. He is saying that a bunch of things are going to happen today and tomorrow. So far what he said would happen today, did. But those weren’t very serious. The seriousness comes tomorrow. One Direction is performing at Madison Square Garden tomorrow and Mr. X is saying that one of the members will get hurt. Severely.

I know you all are thinking that all of us fans are taking this guy too literal. I’m not saying that I believe what is being said but I do have to admit that it is seriously scaring me. Even if you don’t like One Direction, I think you would agree that you wouldn’t want one of them to die.

The thing with rumors is you never know what to believe. Do you believe Mr. X or do you believe the people that say it’s just people trying to mess with us? That’s the question. I really, really, really want to believe that nothing is going to happen tomorrow in New York but with rumors, there is always that little voice way in the back of your brain that says, “You know, it COULD happen.”

I understand that this is a very extreme example but that was kind of my point in this post. I want people to see how extreme rumors can get and how it can affect the people who care about the people the rumor is about. Also, I understand that the people in the One Direction fandom have a tendency to blow things out of proportion but I have taken that into consideration as well. All I’m saying is: rumors hurt people and when people over react and take things way too far; it causes drama that doesn’t need to be there.

So please, think before you say something.
 
~Skooogster(:

1 comment:

  1. Okay so if any of you wanted an update on the rumors here it is:
    Last night One Direction, along with a bunch of other artists, perfomed at Madison Square Garden. Mr. X left a note to one of One Direction's singer's brother, Greg. After that they had 20 police and 90 security guards looking for him/her. They arrested at least three people for having guns: one before the show even started, one backstage, and one in the third row.
    Mr. X was arrested.It was a girl that was sitting in the third row. Thank god to managent and security!!!

    ReplyDelete