Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's Goin' Down at Downton

405 words


If you’ve never seen Downton Abbey, first of all, you need to see it. You are wasting your time doing anything but watch this show! Second, since you probably have NOT seen it, I’ll give you some background information to spark your interest so you’ll have to watch it anyway!

The show is set in the early 1900’s in England with the sinking of the titanic. The show is all about the life of the Crawleys and their maids and servants. I just finished the second season and so far there have been five love stories; not one of them involving a werewolf or a vampire. How refreshing!  It is so hard to try and tell you what it’s about without revealing everything. I could easily sit here and write out a summary of the entire show so far with every detail but I don’t want to ruin it for you!

This show plays with my emotions so much that before I can comprehend how I’m feeling about one situation they throw an equally yet different emotional scene at you so you honestly don’t know how to feel. Last night when I was watching there were fifteen minutes that I went from crying to pure hatred to crying my eyes out again. ALL WITHIN FIFTEEN MINUTES!

I have cried, I have laughed (Maggie Smith is probably one of my favorite actresses after watching this show. Sometimes I think she just improves her lines because they are so much like her!), and I’ve felt so angry at a character that one time I actually threw a Kleenex box across the room.

I have this connection with each of the characters and I feel like I know them personally but obviously I don’t because they are British (and Irish and I do have to say that his accent is just beautiful!). But the storyline is so intriguing and compelling that I can’t take my mind off of it.

So if you like romance and war and irony and history and beautiful British and Irish accents and if you’re okay experiencing every possible emotion within the span of one hour, then I recommend that you take Downton Abbey for a spin. I have always been interested in the lifestyles of people in history and my mom recommended that I watch an episode with her and I was hooked and well, you know, now throwing tissue boxes in frustration.
 
 
~Skooogster(:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment