Monday, January 28, 2013

46 Days, 13 hours....Not That I'm Counting or Anything...

438 words


46 days.

2 months.

7 weeks.

No matter how I word it, it's obvious to see that my long awaited trip to Dublin, Ireland is coming up very soon and I’m not going to lie and say that I’m not doing flips on the inside...because I am! The three Cedar Rapids schools are going to march in the St. Patrick’s Day parade in Dublin over spring break. We will be gone the whole week and get back just in time to go to school the next Monday. Yippee. This will be my first trip out of the country and it just so happens that I’m going to the land of the most attractive accents EVER! But there is more to Ireland than those beautiful accents and I am so excited to see everything and anything that I can!

Right now I am starting to think of my packing list. There will be some things that I will need to buy, like a nice jacket (because in Ireland it can go from nice and sunny to wet and rainy throughout the day) and a pair of good (but cute!) walking shoes. I also need to make sure I pack an adapter. Electrical outlets in Ireland are different than they are here so if I want to plug anything from back home in (hair straighter, phone charger, camera charger etc.) I will need to find some sort of adapter to do so. I will need to pack light-ish because let’s be honest here: there is no way that I’m going to come back without buying at least a kajilion things that I have to fit somewhere!

Another thing that’s really important is memorizing our music! Luckily (or unluckily. Call me a nerd but I kind of liked memorizing music) I don’t have to memorize the music because I happened to be the ONLY drum major from the three schools to sign up so I am going to be the drum major. But as for the rest of the band, they are working on their two pieces (America on Parade and Sweet Caroline) that we will march in the parade.

I am really excited to see the castles and Trinity College in Dublin! Some of these buildings have been around since before the U.S. was even a country! I honestly don’t even know what to expect except that I know it’s going to be absolutely amazing! (please excuse the excessive amount of exclamation points…I’m just really excited!)

Don’t worry! I promise to keep you updated about my trip when I get back. And maybe while I’m there! Ya never do know!

~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment