Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Long Lost Art of Letter Writing

240 words

Dear Readers,
Remember way back when people would write letters to each other? Yeah, I don't either. We live in a world where everything is sped up to lightning-fast speeds and don't want to bother with waiting to get a response in the mail or want to take the time to actually write a letter to someone.
A simple letter can tell you so much about the person and what they are telling you about.
First of all, if you receive a letter in the mail today, that means that person who sent it doesn't want everything in life to be at your fingertips...literally.
Second, the handwriting alone can tell you if the person is excited to tell you about his or her day. I know for me, if I am really getting into what I'm writing my handwriting gets really sloppy because I just want to get it all down. It also makes them a person. When all you do is communicate through email or text, you turn yourself and the other person into, well, a robot; into a machine.
I really wish people would write letter more. I know that there are people who do still write them but unfortunately, the numbers are getting smaller and smaller as technology is making communication easier for us. If getting a text from that someone special makes you smile, imagine how happy you would be if they wrote you a letter.

Sincerely,
Skooogster(:

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. If I didn't think people would blow it off, I would have us all write someone a letter during class one day. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a really good idea! You should do it sometime!

      Delete