Sunday, March 10, 2013

Musicals ♫

274 words

I have a new found love of musicals. This summer I went to Phantom of the Opera in New York City and now with Les Misérables I have really grown to love them. They are like movies but the music is so much better.

When I went to The Phantom of the Opera, I had never really been to a musical other than ones that my school puts on and I was pleasantly surprised at what I had experienced. Because of that, I was even more interested in seeing Les Mis (see my previous post for a review of the Les Misérables movie). Now there is no denying that I have joined into the great group of musical people. I honestly could sit on the couch all day watching Broadway musicals (if I had the DVD’s of them. I’m working on it though!). Not to mention you are introduced to some great songs that you would never have heard before. And the people who are performing are actually good singers. Everything that you hear is all sung live. That means no auto-tune. The notes that are coming out of the performers’ mouths are the actual thing which is just so impressive to me. Also, yes I do have to agree, my love of musicals now have introduced me to the singers who can sometimes be very good looking!

But that’s not the point I’m trying to make. All I’m saying is that musicals are actually very good if you just give them the chance. The costumes, stories, and music are all great and it’s just another thing that you can annoy your parents with!

~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment