Thursday, March 7, 2013

Packing!

548 words


Just an update, I leave for Ireland in nine days. NINE DAYS! We’re down to the single digits, ladies and gentlemen! As the trip gets nearer and nearer I am thinking more about what I am going to pack. You don’t want your luggage to get so heavy that you have to pay extra money (which is about up to 100 lbs.) so you need to pack relatively light. And as a girl who loves her clothes and shoes that was kind of a struggle. But I was able to compromise. Most likely, the weather there will be cool, spring-like. Taking this into consideration I am packing in layers which can stay light if you do it right. Here are some tips that I thought of while packing my own suitcase!

·         When looking for a suitcase, try and find one that is a low weight one. Depending on how heavy your suitcase is to begin with will determine how much clothes you can take

·         Take as little clothes as you need. For girls, a smart thing to do would be to take a few tops that you can wear by themselves or under a sweater or jacket and take a few jackets or sweaters. If you take three tops and two sweaters, you have five different outfits to wear. And ta-da! You have all the tops that you need for a five day trip!

·         Take only a few jeans. Denim is a really heavy material and taking a lot of denim will pile on the weight quicker than you may want. I am taking only three jeans.

·         If you are a big worrier of ‘I don’t want to wear the same outfit two times on the trip’ don’t wear something that really stands out. Take three pair of regular jeans so that it isn’t so obvious that you wore the same jeans two days in a row.

·         If you do worry about the above, stop. You’re on vacation and odds are the people you see there, you won’t see again so why does it matter?

·         Take a few nicer outfits in case your family (or group of people) wants to go to a nicer restaurant or something like that.

·         Shoes. A girl’s best friend right? Guys you can kind of ignore this part. I’m guessing this isn’t a big problem for most guys. But girls: only take the shoes that you need to take. Don’t worry if the shoes you take don’t match perfectly with the outfits you are taking. Honestly, no one will care. Plus, shoes are EXTREMELY heavy.

·         Something different that I am doing this time is I bought two bags that you use to put clothes in under your bed. Luckily both of them fit perfectly into my suitcase. In one I put my tops and in the other my bottoms. These hold everything together because when you fly your clothes can get all mixed up into each other.

picture from Bed Bath and Beyond


·         And finally, start thinking about what you’re going to pack at least a week in advance. You don’t want to be stuck doing loads and loads of laundry the night before. Been there, done that. It’s not fun!

I hope that these help you out the next time that you are packing for a big trip!
 
~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment