Thursday, March 14, 2013

Do the Harlem Shake!

347 words

You have all probably heard about the latest trend sweeping the world: The Harlem Shake. It’s just like planking where it was really popular for a while no one really knew the purpose of it then it eventually fades away. The Harlem Shake is when THIS song plays and starts with one person dancing in the middle of a bunch of people who look like they are ignoring them then when the song says “Do the Harlem Shake” the camera kind of switches and in the next frame everyone is dancing (sometimes switching clothes entirely). How they do this is they will record the first part, turn off the camera, have the people start dancing and turn it back on so all we see is the quick switch. I’m not exactly sure what the purpose is in it but I do have to say that some of these do make my day. Here is a top five video: CLICK HERE!

Just like every other strange fads, this one will fade away but why not enjoy them while they last? I am currently trying to convince my AP Government and Politics class to do one and I think it would be hilarious if my whole school did one with my principal whereas this is her last year here at Kennedy. Fortunately, the teachers are doing a two and a half minute Harlem shake for our next pep assembly on April 12thHere is a sneak peak. I am so looking forward to seeing this!

In my AP US History class we will get papers with ‘trends of the 60’s’ and I will look them up and think why the heck would anyone try and see how many people they could fit into a phone booth?! (Phone booth stuffing) But if you flash-forward  fifty years from now students just like me will get a paper that says ‘trends of the 2010’s’ and on it there will be ‘The Harlem Shake’ and they will think that we are just as weird as we think people were back in the 50's.
 
~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment