Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thanks Oatmeal Rasin!

428 words



It's because of things like oatmeal raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies that I have some trust issues.

Okay so maybe cookies aren’t to blame here, but I do have trust issues. There have been times that I have told someone who I thought was my best friend things that I did not want everybody to know about. I trusted that they would not tell anyone. But when I found out that they told people and a lot of people now knew, others would come up to me and ask me about them. I was hurt, mad, and disappointed that they had betrayed me. When people pretend to be one thing (the chocolate chip cookie) but are really another (oatmeal raisin) they need to learn that if someone finds out about their ‘secret identity’, they are going to lose the respect of a lot of people. I mean, everyone isn’t going to have a Hannah Montana story like in the movie where everyone says that they will keep the secret and you can go along with your double life. Happily ever after the end. It just doesn’t work that way.  

So a tip to everyone out there, please, please be you. Not just for the typical reason of ‘you are the best you that you can be’ but because if you want people to respect and trust you, which is vital in any relationship, friendship or romantic, you cannot pretend to be someone else.

Also, another thing about trust is, you should not snoop. Keep your nose in your own business. If it isn’t yours, you don’t belong in it, and you don’t need to know what it is. One thing that really bugs me is when I’m sitting there on my phone and you lean over and are all, “who are ya texting?” Does it really matter? It’s not to you or about you (well it might be now since you are annoying me!) so do you really need to know everything about what’s going on in my life? In my opinion, no, no you don’t. If you want people to trust you, you need to be okay with the fact that the world doesn’t revolve around you and if the person needs you or needs to talk to you about something, they will come to you and talk to you about it. In my opinion, it’s not your job to play detective and figure out my life. If you want to investigate the lives of other people, you should look into being a detective.


~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment