Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's Kind of a Love-Hate Relationsip...

470 words 

Half an hour ago I got home from my last marching band rehearsal of the year. No matter what I tell people, I cry every time. When you're in marching band, you honestly become a family. You keep each other up when you get down and no matter what happens, you know you'll have 100-some people on your side. As one of my band mates said, "its because we're the band".

I've never been good at saying goodbyes. But when you have to say goodbye to some of the best people on this earth, it is extremely difficult. It's like you have one end of your heart and they have the other and when they leave, it tears but you still take a bit of each other where ever you go.

There's a quote that says "Though miles may lie between us, we are never far apart. For friendship doesn't count miles, it's measured by the heart". I think this is so true. this spring some of my best friends will graduate and go to college a thousand miles away. I have friends like that right now and we still stay in touch and we are still the best of friends.

You may be thinking, why is she getting all emotional now? Graduation isn't for a while.

Well here's the thing. Concert band is a lot different than marching band. In my opinion, concert is made fun thanks to marching. Don't get me wrong. Graduation is EXTREMELY emotional for me. I cried three times during the ceremony last year. But just think about this for a second.

We have been working on this show since the very first week in August. through these two months we have accomplished massive goals and we have come so far. In our first competition, we didn't even march our closer. Now, I can honestly say, our show is near perfect. Tell me that after going through all of that, waking up early, going to bed late, you wouldn't be emotional. These crazy, weird, and 100% normal kids are the reason I wake up in the morning. They keep me going when I want to quit.

I have been apart of many many teams and organizations and I can flat out say that I haven't felt this kind of connection between me and my other teammates that I do when I'm with my band family. I know that's kind of a cliche but really there's no better word than 'family'.

So thinking back, I love band because I got to know some of the most amazing human beings on this planet and have made some life long friends. However, I hate band because I got to know some of the most amazing human beings on this planet and I have to say good bye eventually.


 
 
 
 
~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment