Saturday, October 13, 2012

Be Happy!

406 words

My fall trimester consists of me going and going and going and not stopping until 11:00 at night. Most days I don't even get to go home between school and volleyball which is at 5. I guess you could say I pretty much live at my school. But come the second week in October, things start coming to an end. I no longer stay until five and get home at nine. For a girl who is constantly on the move and is always busy, I never know how to handle NOT being busy. I start to get sad and a little depressed I guess you could say.

 

If anyone else gets this way, I want to share different ways that I like to cheer myself up.

 

1. Play some crazy music crazy loud and dance around and go crazy. I like to pick my favorite song and dance like a crazy person. This helps let go of any stress that is building up inside of me.

 

2. Clean. If you’re anything like me, when I get super busy my room turns into a pigsty. I’m usually too tired when I get home to put my stuff in it’s designated spot so it usually goes to the floor. I like to clean because it gets rid of stress (for me at least) and also, it’s kind of like a clean slate. Now that you aren’t so busy you have time and you know where everything is so it’s not  stressful to look for things.

 

3. Watch a funny movie. When I’m swamped with school and sports, I never have time to just sit down and relax. I like watching funny movies because it lets me rewind while enjoying myself at the same time.

 

4. Read a book. Reading about someone else’s problems usually makes me realize that I’m doing alright and I just need to take a deep breath and keep going.

 

5. Sleep. When I’m so busy, I am usually behind on sleep. Now that you aren’t so busy try catching up on some Z’s on the weekend. Trust me. You’ll feel refreshed and good to go in no time. I actually did this today and man, does it help!

 

6. Sometimes, I even like to do my homework. In the past few months, I barely get time to do homework without being pressed for time. Now I can sit down and actually get stuff done.


~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment