Sunday, October 14, 2012

Killing Peace

256 words

When people ask me if I live in the country, I will usually say yes. There is a corn field in my back yard and there are no street lamps on the north end of Boyson Road where I live. When we moved in thirteen years ago there was also a dense wood across the street. Me, my sister, and occasionally our neighbors would use our crazy imagination and spend days upon days in the trees. During the winter we would also walk as far as we could into the field out back. If you go back far enough there are fields on all sides of you. Our neighborhood was quiet peaceful.

 

A few years later, the town committee decided that they wanted to build commercial buildings in the field or put a trailer park back there. Nobody wanted that. To this day they are still trying to put something back there but thirteen years later, it’s still a corn field. Thank God!!

 

The woods across the street are a different story. The land has been for sale for a long time and a few years ago was sold to a young couple. Now there’s an annoying house where my friends and I had built a fort not too long ago.

 

I wish that people would realize that areas like that create a feeling of peace and calm. When you go and build things and cut up trees, it ruins the peace that once was there.

 

My neighborhood isn’t as quiet as it used to be.
 
~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment