Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Wonderful World of Disney...or is it?

Okay so I have a confession to make. I am a sixteen year old junior in high school and I still watch Disney Channel. Yes, it may be weird but honestly, there isn't anything else on. Disney for me used to be good, clean, and funny shows about everyday life. We could relate. Please tell me how I can relate to a bunch of fish in a tank in a pet shop! Yes I get it. They are fish in high school...school...fish....school of fish...ha ha ha ha ha...no.

I grew up watching shows like Lizzy McGuire, Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Kim Possible. Sure I can't go into the future or see the future like in Phil of the Future or Raven. And sure I'm not a cheerleader by day, super hero by night like Kim, but I am not a fish going to school.

As a sixteen year old watching these new Disney shows, I'm realizing that what used to be rated PG is now a G rating. There are young children watching these shows so I don't think they should be referencing Katy Perry's 'California Gurls' song in the show Shake It Up. Am I just being weird and has our society changed so much that young kids know what Cici is talking about when she says, "Daisy dukes, bikinis on top" or has Disney walked away from good, innocent fun?

Sometimes I wonder if it is because I'm sixteen and when I was younger I just didn't understand the references but then I go back and watch The Lizzy McGuire Movie or Kim Possible and don't find anything. So that kind of rules that option out. But then you go back even further to even older Disney and you find that even those shows that I thought were innocent were worse than ones before it.

Some of my all-time favorite movies are Disney. In my opinion, Disney movies have just gone down hill ever since the first High School Musical. Yes, the first one was good but every Disney movie after that, I feel has mediocre acting and odd story lines.

Shows too. For example, the show Jesse has an okay plot: a small town girl spending her days being a nanny for four spoiled kids. But I can barely stand to watch it because I honestly feel that I could do a better acting job than Debby Ryan. But that's just my opinion. If you go far enough back, you'll find that Disney actors and actresses used to be a lot better then they are today.

I would pay big money to see Kim Possible, Lizzy McGuire, Phil of the Future, and That's So Raven again on TV. And so would a lot of other people. I think people just get bored easily if the shows are good and clean but I don't. I don't think people should forget about the old Disney that we all grew up with because Disney will keep going the way it is and we may never get another Kim Possible. (But honestly, Kim is so awesome anyone trying to be her is just wasting their time).



Picture from : http://disneyinfonet.com/disney-channel-auditoning-for-new-series-disneychannelpr/

~Skooogster(:


No comments:

Post a Comment