Sunday, September 2, 2012

Become a Pro Navigator


440 Words

 

 

If you have ever seen the movie, High School Musical, you know that in that movie, they portray the hallways as being empty enough for a flash mob dance. In reality, that's not how it is. To be honest, I bet there are schools out there that are that small but that isn't my school one bit. On my first day of school freshman year, I must say I had no idea what to expect. I knew there were a lot of students but to the extent of how crowded the hallways were, I had no idea. That is why I decided to post a list of five tips and twists that have helped me in my years in high school.

Tip #1: Avoid the most crowded part as much as you can. In my school, that is the front foyer and luckily, we have back hallways that I always use. Trying to squeeze your way through backpacks and people is just stressful and no fun.

Tip #2: If you have no choice but to go through the crowd, make sure you close the space between you and the person in front of you. If there are even a few inches of space, an annoying underclassman who thinks they are cool enough to cut people off will, well, cut you off.

Tip #3: When you are in crowds, you can't be nice and let people through. It's like being in a crazy traffic jam. If you let one person through, everyone assumes you will let them trough and you will never move. So the trick is to walk and keep walking and just push your way through all the people.

Tip #4: DO NOT STOP IN THE HALLWAY! For me, that is one of the most annoying things anyone can do. When other people have places to go and you and your group of twenty friends are congesting the hallway, there is no way for them to get through. Talk and walk at the same time. It isn’t that hard, honestly. I’ve done it.

Tip #5: If you get pushed against a locker, don’t get mad at whoever did it. Most likely, they didn’t mean to do it. Usually, they just turned to talk to someone and their bag swung around and hit you. This has happened to me plenty of times and by now I’m used to it.

 

I hope those five tips will help if you are going to be new to high school! And just remember that no high school has people dancing on cafeteria tables and singing in the hallways. There’s just no room for that.  

~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment