Monday, September 10, 2012

Drop Dead Diva Dilemma

553 words


Every week I anticipate Sunday night at 8 o’clock. You may laugh but one of my all-time favorite shows is Drop Dead Diva. For just a quick summary of the plot line before I get into what I want to say:

Drop Dead Diva is about a model, Deb Dopkins and a lawyer, Jane Bingum. Both of them die on the same day. Deb dies in a car accident and Jane gets shot. When Deb gets to Heaven her record is checked over and when the angel, Fred, tells her that she is his first adult zero-zero (meaning she hasn’t done one bad act or good deed) and that she, “is simply shallow.” Deb doesn’t’ like this so she decides to take matters into her own hands and presses the return key on Fred’s keyboard. This causes her soul to take over a recently emptied body. In her case, Jane. So now there is the soul of a model in a lawyer’s body. The whole show is about how she learns to get over Deb and accept her new life as Jane.

Anyway….the fourth season just ended last night and let me tell you. I was not happy at all. Jane (slash Deb) is getting married in the finale to a judge named Owen. As a viewer, I was in love with their love. They were such a cute couple (and yes I do know that this is television and not real life but still!) and I really wanted them to last. But real Jane up in Heaven isn’t so pleased with the way Deb has been controlling and changing Jane’s whole world. So she decides to step in and fix it. At this point I was yelling at the TV out of frustration. She goes to find Fred and figures out how Deb got to go back. At this time back down here on Earth, Jane is only a few minutes away from marrying Owen. (Also, this all happened in the last ten minutes. I kept glancing at the clock because I seriously thought they were going to run out of time!) Her dress got caught on a table so Grayson, Deb’s boyfriend who just happened to work at the same law firm as Jane, comes to help her.

Okay so the thing about Grayson is he was about to propose to Deb if she hadn’t died. But she did so obviously that didn’t work out. Jane couldn’t tell Grayson that she really was Deb because then that would just cause so many other problems. So she moved on to Owen but deep down she still loved Grayson. When Jane questioned him about how he had gotten over Deb he simply said, “Because I moved on.” To whom did he move on you might ask? Well. The answer is simply…

 

Asl;kdgasiohklsdjfk asiouysjdflaskiodtyaklsdjf;ao siutklasjdf wtuio.

 

Hmmm…I guess my computer is malfunctioning. I guess you’re just going to have to watch to find out!
But in the end I was a little confused because of what happened with real Jane and what Jane’s reaction was to Grayson’s answer. I honestly wanted to throw something at my TV and call it good. Other viewers may have liked how it ended. As for me, I’m just very interested on how season 5 is going to go…





Picture from: www.dropdeaddivatv.com


~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment