Sunday, May 5, 2013

AP Test Stress

479 words


Imagine that you're sitting on the couch watching, I don't know let's say The Big Bang Theory, and they start talking about their scientific nerdy stuff which reminds you of what you're learning about in chemistry. This then leads you to think about how you really like chemistry and wished you would have taken AP Chem instead of AP Environmental Science but you just don't know if you could handle that type of AP class. Then you start thinking of how many you're taking next year and how you are going to have to take five AP exams and how that's absolutely crazy then

BAM!

You remember that your first AP exam for THIS YEAR is five days away and you are totally not prepared. Where did the time go? Just yesterday it was winter and snowing and....oh wait. Dang it, May! You made me think it was still winter and I still had months before my test!
Okay so this week's snowfall didn't really trick me into thinking I still had a while before my tests but it did sneak up on me. Not completely, though. I have been studying but I still don't feel prepared for my Friday one. AP Lang is a class where you can't just memorize flashcards like in biology or even history. Also, there aren't 'right' answers. Everything in LA is all based on point of view and opinion and if the person writing the test has a different opinion than I do, I'll get the question wrong. It's just stressful.
This year I am taking three tests: AP Lang (Friday), AP US Gov./Pol (Tuesday), and AP US History (Wednesday). The one I feel the most confident about is my Government test because this whole third term we have been working on reviewing for the exam and my teacher really helps you figure out a way to study that best fits YOU and how YOU work. I'm probably not going to get a five on the test but I'm hoping for at least a three! Right now I am just going through a ton of flashcards and notes that my friend let me borrow from when he took it last year. The flashcards are actually really helping. What a surprise, right?
So if you're taking an AP test in the next couple of weeks just remember to not stress out about it and continue to study in a way that works best for you.
Oh and here's a quick tip that I used when I took my AP Psych Exam last year: Don't study the night before the test. I just went to bed early and got a good night sleep. If you study right before you go to bed the night before the test, you'll stress yourself out and make it hard for you to sleep.
So yeah that's it! Good Luck!

~Skooogster(:

No comments:

Post a Comment